If you’re in a situation where the police are, at that moment, arresting your friend, do not give the police any reason to arrest you too. We understand that you are angered by the situation and want to help your friend out, and you’re probably verbally arguing with the cops. But be careful as to not get yourself cuffed either. Don’t let your frustration of the escalated situation get too much for you.
So here’s what you should do and how you can help your friend:
- Calm down and cooperate.
- Speak with one of the officers and find out why your friend is being arrested and where they are taking him or her.
- Get the officer’s name, badge number, and vehicle number.
- Record the time and where this event is happening.
- Get statements and contact information from any available witnesses and bystanders.
- Remind your friend not to answer any more questions from the officers until the lawyer is present. If you can, help your friend get a private lawyer.
- Keep your hands in plain view where the officers can see them.
Remember, the last thing you want is to get yourself arrested too. Your friend needs you – not next to them in jail, but on the other side, helping them get a lawyer, notifying family, and getting a bail bond. You can get an affordable bail bond and a very helpful professional bail bonds agent by contacting Anderson Bail Bond Store online or on the phone – 716-845-6422. Anderson Bail Bond Store offers affordable, low monthly rate bail bonds for anyone in need of one in California.